where's the timer?

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

stanbell

where's the timer?

Post by stanbell » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Matt, Jim, Curtis, whoever: i'd like to borrow the jacircuits timing equipment for a few days. i've written new autocross event mgt, timing and scoring sw, and need to perfect the timer interface. works best with the real thing. if nobody has any objection.

happy to fetch it from wherever it's parked, lately.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:54 pm

I think it's over at Ricky-Bobby's place.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:18 am

thanks, Scott

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:01 am

stanbell wrote:thanks, Scott
(That'd be Bobby Jasan)

(Sorry - I don't have his number, either)

(Of course, if one just gotcherself "Tater Caked" and started callin' everybody in the BellaVista area :shock: , one'd be sure to find him sooner or later........ :lol: )
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:51 pm

The trailer is at Bobby's until the September 27th event at Neosho.

I will be up in Springfield for the board meeting on the 15th. If you don't have any cause to be down here, I can shuttle up the timer and photoheads then.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:53 am

Actually guys I have the timing equipment right now, and need it myself for the testing of the large format display. I have been on vacation, but have left a message today with Chronomix to get the assistance needed to fix the display. They might get a hold of me today or it might take a couple of days for them to contact me so here is some info that might help you Stan.
JACircuits book wrote:COMPUTER PORT
A standard serial extension cable (not to be confused with a null modem cable) can be used to
communicate with a computer. The port labeled COMPUTER is a serial RS-232 input/output port.
It is configured to communicate at:

9600 baud
8 data bits, 1 stop bit
NO PARITY

It would be suggested that a reasonable size communication buffer be established in the software
as the timer does not buffer its output. NOTE: With the standard firmware, the same information is
sent over both the DISPLAY and the COMPUTER ports. With Chrono Mode firmware, additional
information is sent out the COMPUTER port
With the standard firmware, the computer port shares the same protocol that is used for the
DISPLAY port (Chronomix large format display protocol). See protocol for the display port.
With the Chrono Mode firmware, the computer port employs additional information that is not start
with Ç,where (80H) = Ç. See Chrono Mode Firmware section for additional information.
If you have some device that can be configured to output 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, NO PARITY then it would be what you need to test the software. I have sent you a copy of the JACircuits book to the email address that you have listed on this site.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:24 pm

thanks, Matt. got your message. i have a sw simulation plugged in now, just need the real thing to make sure my fake is accurate. no hurry, no worries. i'll check after neosho or whenever the chronomix is fixed.