National results

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

stanbell

National results

Post by stanbell » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Congrats to nationals competitors: bobby jasan 11th in emod. woohoo, bobby, well done.

Jim Rowland 15th in FSP, Bob Heisler 28th.

and what the heck was OPIE VIETS doing in cp? a frequent visitor to the ducks stadium, he was finishing 30th, apparently. maybe a little equipment issue?

did i miss anybody?

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 pm

I've been following several threads on SCCA Forums - and it seems that Opie co-driving was also the LOUDEST CP car :shock: (louder even than the owner managed!).

A dubious distinction, to be sure. :lol:
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

Ironhead

Re: National results

Post by Ironhead » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:07 am

stanbell wrote:what the heck was OPIE VIETS doing in cp?
He was a late substitute for Amo due to health issues.

After talking to Opie just prior to Nats, it didn't sound like they had to twist his arm very hard to get him into a CP car. :D
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

markyf

Post by markyf » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:46 am

They were continously setting up the car during the event, so Opie improved dramatically after the car would actually turn a corner without spinning. Apparently he did a lot better than the results would indicate, mainly because he spun and hit cones every run the 1st day. He said it was a blast and that the CP class is a cool club to belong to.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Substitute Amo!

Amo has had some rough weekends in the last couple of years. Hopefully he's on the up now. Once you've been shot a block from an autocross, you really can't go anywhere but up.

I make no secret that his T/A one of my favorite autocross cars. I'd love to drive it, whether it went in a straight line or not.

--------

Nationals for Bob and I was the typical story of being outgunned and out-driven. The Neon makes class-beating power, but needs to be maximized for the grip on concrete. We're really leaving a lot on the table in roll stiffness and transitional response, and could easily drop some weight on the car.

FSP is a great class with diversity and all kinds of course dependence.

The guy one position ahead of me bested my time over two days by only 0.003 seconds, and the guy behind me was only 0.064 seconds back. Amazing stuff.

The other Neon in FSP broke while accelerating off the start line on the first run of the first driver of the first day. Snapped an axle, and both guys had to hop in other cars until the second day. Broken Neons aren't a fluke. ;)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 am

JimR wrote:Nationals for Bob and I
My wife and I were headed north on 540 towards B-ville that Saturday evening after Nats when I spotted the BobRam and VonDoom headed southbound.

You guys didn't wave. :cry:
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.