OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #2 :: 5/16

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun May 02, 2010 11:45 am

With Bob borrowing his son's car, we'll have two fifth-gen Camaro SS in F-Stock. I've never seen one driven in anger, so I'm eager to see this.
AutoXChris wrote:Reg'd

13 Street Touring Roadster... assumption is that would be correct for springs and shocks on a Miata with street tires...
First-gen Miatas go into Street Touring S (formerly STS2 a couple of years ago). I couldn't edit your class in MotorsportReg without making it disappear from the entry list, but we know you're in STS.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri May 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Online registration closes Friday, May 14. That's one week from today.

Only 30 people are signed up right now. Let's make it happen!

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon May 10, 2010 7:30 am

ONE additional person pre-registered over the weekend. :roll: :P

Remember, next time the fee structure changes to $20 SCCA members pre-registered and $25 for SCCA members not pre-registered. I would get in the habit of pre-registering now!

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Tue May 11, 2010 8:40 am

Everyone needs to cross their fingers, weather is getting more and more gloomy as the event gets closer. Now it's saying 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms...hopefully we won't be running in the rain again, lol.
Nah, Just a Nerd!

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:57 am

g3joshua wrote:Everyone needs to cross their fingers, weather is getting more and more gloomy as the event gets closer. Now it's saying 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms...hopefully we won't be running in the rain again, lol.
Shaddap! Don't talk about it if you don't want it to happen!
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue May 11, 2010 9:20 am

Good thing is that this ain't NASCAR. We will run rain or shine.

After cancelling the first regional due to significant snow (not to mention rain during Evo and rain during the divisional), we will have to be convinced not to run this event on Sunday.

Worst case, we only need a minimum turnout to safely crew the necessary work positions: waiver, T&S, start, a couple of two-person corner stations. I don't expect anything that drastic, though. The forecast calling for rain on Tuesday likely means 72 degrees and cloudless by Saturday.

We will operate this event and award season points.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:15 pm

JimR wrote:ONE additional person pre-registered over the weekend. :roll: :P

Remember, next time the fee structure changes to $20 SCCA members pre-registered and $25 for SCCA members not pre-registered. I would get in the habit of pre-registering now!
Perhaps people are sitting and waiting to see what everybody else is doing?

One thing I noticed - you can't check who is in which class without first logging-in to the registration site. Some may have an aversion to this, I dunno. I don't mind all that much myself, but it's a pain when I just want to "check the numbers".

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue May 11, 2010 1:01 pm

If you use the same computers daily and haven't disabled cookies in your browser, you can click "stay logged in" on MotorsportReg and not have to type in your username and password.

People may be non-commital, forgetful, lazy, or have potential work/family/car arrangements that don't become clear until the weekend. I have trouble with the lazy and non-commital because adding work for the volunteers on the day of the event makes the day longer for every entrant on the site.

Pre-registration advantages:
  • Registration data pre-imported into AXWare instead of hand-typed for every person in line - HUGE timesaver for EVERYONE
  • Determining heat quantity and size, work distribution
  • Error-checking for class, duplicate number, etc., before the registration line - prevent hold-ups ("Anyone have a rulebook?")
  • Estimated turnout for lunch arrangements
Pre-registration helps events so much that in June we're finally instituting the discount we've talked about for a few years. SCCA insurance and sanction fees have gone up, but we're still keeping weekend membership ($35) and pre-registered member ($20) fees the same as years past. The difference? In June, we will charge $25 to members who neglect to pre-register - it's a nice incentive to sign up, and it helps us counter the sanction costs!

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 am

Online registration closes at 11:59 PM tomorrow (Friday).

I've seen the course. It looks pretty good. ;)

FlatBlack

Post by FlatBlack » Thu May 13, 2010 1:08 pm

If I get the Impreza together in time, I'll be bringing that up instead if it looks like rain.
Mat #67
96 Nissan 240SX [SM]
05 Forester XT [SM]
02 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 5.3L [Tow Rig]

grazamataz

Post by grazamataz » Sat May 15, 2010 11:45 am

ugh i'm very sorry, i'm going to have to bail out of this event because of a family emergency. hopefully i can make it next month.

name is Chris Greig, i had #777. not sure how i need to un-register myself, if at all.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:39 pm

grazamataz wrote:ugh i'm very sorry, i'm going to have to bail out of this event because of a family emergency. hopefully i can make it next month.

name is Chris Greig, i had #777. not sure how i need to un-register myself, if at all.
No biggie, hope everything works out OK for you and family. Thanks for the heads-up, see you next month!

bradeldred

Post by bradeldred » Sat May 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Well with an 80% chance of rain tomorrow, I probably won’t be able to make it out to this one.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Just so all of the new people know we run rain or shine (although we will pause for lightning, for obvious safety reasons). So we are looking forward to seeing everyone out there.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat May 15, 2010 6:36 pm

We're 100% committed to operating tomorrow.

Man up and get ready to race. 8)