OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #4 :: 7/18

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #4 :: 7/18

Post by SilverYota » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:04 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo2 Event #4
Sunday, July 18th, 2010
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

Ozark Mountain Region SCCA invites you to join us on 375,000 square feet of smooth, unobstructed asphalt at the Crowder College Truck Driving School in Neosho, Missouri. 8)

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Note: 2010 events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2010 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, Wal*Mart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. We anticipate making lunch available on-site.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (Wal*Mart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map - click to view

Run / Work
We have had roughly 80 entrants at the previous events at Crowder. We are watching pre-registration to determine the number of heats. We expect a sizable turnout, so prepare in case of a three-heat format based on a first-come, first-served basis:

Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2

Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up at the last minute, your choice may be full. If you show up late, you will not be able to participate at all!

See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:22 pm

July already? Time to start getting signed up for our fourth regional Solo of the year. 8)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:37 am

Registration closes Friday. Get your discount!

$20 - SCCA members pre-registered
$25 - SCCA members not pre-registered
$35 - All non-annual-member "SCCA weekend membership" entrants

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:54 am

I'll prereg tomorrow if I find out my car is good to go finally. It's been one thing after another, so hopefully I'll have the last thing I need tomorrow and I won't miss 2 in a row...
Nah, Just a Nerd!

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:49 am

JimR wrote:Registration closes Friday. Get your discount!
About 36 hours away. Sign 'em up!

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:03 am

Unless we get a crush of walk-ups, it looks like we'll be down 15-20 people from last time.

People stay home when because the forecast calls for a chance of rain, then stay home when it calls for dry? :?

Hopefully we can bang through the timed runs that much more quickly, and reward everyone with fun runs at the end. That's up to time constraints and everyone else, but I'm bringing fivers.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:23 pm

JimR wrote:People stay home when because the forecast calls for a chance of rain, then stay home when it calls for dry? :?
Speaking of forecasts we can not stress enough how important it will be to hydrate tomorrow, everyone be ready for a scorcher. Be sure to bring plenty of water or sports drinks. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Results have been posted.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

kingturbo

Post by kingturbo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Great event thanks to all!