MiDiv Rallycross Championship/National Challenge

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Bullitt2954

MiDiv Rallycross Championship/National Challenge

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:50 am

Registration is now open:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... FD09A1A213

Schedule

Friday June 29:
6:45 PM - Meet at I-80 Parking area for Midwest Trifecta @ I-80 Speedway Social Event. Please RSVP for this portion of the event by selecting the item on the entry form. Entrance fee for the event is $20.

Saturday June 30:
9:00 - 11:00 AM - Registration and Tech
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Course open for walking
11:15 AM - 12:15 PM - Lunch (provided for competitors)
12:15 PM - Mandatory Drivers' Meeting
12:30 PM - First Car Off
7:00 PM (approx) - Dinner (provided for competitors)

Sunday July 1:
7:00 - 8:45 AM - Course open for walking
9:00 AM - First Car Off
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Lunch (provided for competitors)
3:30 PM - Trophy Presentation

Event Masters: TBA
RallyCross Safety Stewards: Jerry Doctor and Mark Walker
Chief of Tech: Steve Ducharme
Chief of Workers: Event Masters
Chief of Registration and Timing: Candy Gerber
Chief of Waivers: Mikaela Walker
Chiefs of Hospitality: Matthew Cox

Event notes:
1) Saturday course setup will take place Saturday Morning. The course area is closed to general competitors during this time. Course setup will be complete by 10:00 AM, and the course will open for walking. Sunday's course will be setup Saturday after the completion of runs.

2) On site camping is available. Please call Matthew Cox at 402-680-6180 for camping information/reservations.

3) Additional Meals tickets may be purchased with your registration for $15 per additional person (this covers all three meals).

4) Setting off fireworks of any type by entrants or crew on site is expressly prohibited. Failure to comply with this may result in being ejected from the event site.

5) Pre-registration is required for this event - if you are unable to use Motorsportreg.com, please leave your information at 402-827-4418

I know nothing about the "Trifecta" they mention. Anyone have any ideas?
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:24 pm

man, i wish...
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 am

Bullitt2954 wrote:I know nothing about the "Trifecta" they mention. Anyone have any ideas?
I think it means that you win your class at a regional, Challenge, and Nationals? I don't think they count a divisional win, since not all divisions are doing that (or they are co-opted as a Challenge).

Taking Nationals in PF would be an uphill battle, since there's already some serious talent and a few decently prepared cars. I am going to try for the Nebraska Challenge, though!
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 pm

JimR wrote:
Bullitt2954 wrote:I know nothing about the "Trifecta" they mention. Anyone have any ideas?
I think it means that you win your class at a regional, Challenge, and Nationals? I don't think they count a divisional win, since not all divisions are doing that (or they are co-opted as a Challenge).

Taking Nationals in PF would be an uphill battle, since there's already some serious talent and a few decently prepared cars. I am going to try for the Nebraska Challenge, though!
Sorry - I didn't get back and clarify this: Jan Gerber explained to me that THIS particular "Trifecta" was merely a social event. The track has dirty-round races on Friday, and for $20 you pick the winner of each of the three "Header Races", and win $2000.

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:47 am

Ha, I thought you were talking about the proposed Solo-like triple crown that I can't recall where mentioned. Maybe the RallyCross section in an old FasTrack?
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:18 pm

STIHL: The Official Chainsaw of the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

"Fill your hand with STIHL and FIGHT......"

That is All.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Congratulations to OMR's own Jim Rowland, for taking the SCCA Rallycross MiDiv/National Challenge Championship in Prepared FWD!

Jim was leading the PF pack by nearly 9-seconds after Saturday's Heats, and extended that lead to nearly 14-seconds over 2nd-Place by the end of the event on Sunday.

It was a Massacre..... (but incredibly fun to watch and participate!)

If you see him at one of our events, be certain to extend your compliments for a job Well Done!

Ted Wells

The Numbers

Post by Ted Wells » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Jim posted a total time of 687.434 sec. with his Nissan Sentra SE-R.

Scott finished Third in the same class (Prepared/Front Wheel Drive) at 709.387, and wife, Jeanie, placed Fifth at 815.596.

The Creech family competed in a Hyundai Veloster...not to be confused with a Yugo Velociraptor or, for that matter, a Borgward Piranhaconda. :lol:

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 am

I actually held-onto 2nd through Day 1 - but Bob had a bit more determination (and I believe a bit-more disregard for the car) than I did on Day 2. Plus, I drove like a total Idiot.....

Then, there was the Heat where everybody was neck-and-neck:

"What'd you get this run?"

"I got a 44.2-somethin"

"Wow! Me Too! Hey man, how'd YOU do?"

"44.286, but it felt slower than that"

"Waaaaaitaminnit here......."