OMRSCCA SOLO Event #1 :: 3/31/2013

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #1 :: 3/31/2013

Post by SilverYota » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo Event #1
Sunday, March 31st, 2013
Ducks Stadium
Ozark, MO
[Map]

Register Online
Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg
Events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Important Times
8:00am - Registration opens
10:00am - Registration closes
10:15am - Drivers meeting
10:30am - Timed runs begin.

Be on time to keep the event running smoothly! Latecomers may not be allowed to compete.

What do I need?
- Entry fee: $25 for SCCA Members, but anyone that pre-registers will receive a $5 discount
- Entry fee: $35 Weekend Membership for non-SCCA members
- Valid driver's license
- Safe car in good working condition

Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2012 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, an O'Reilly's, and fast food just off the exit at 65. There is no air available at the site, so prepare according. We anticipate making lunch available on-site but not have not finalized plans yet. We will have a lunch break between heats.

Directions from Springfield
Take 65 Hwy South to the CC exit, turn left at the top of the exit, then turn right at the light just after Lambert's. Follow the road to the right when you come to the Y, and it will lead you directly to Ducks Stadium

See you there!
Last edited by SilverYota on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

bfrance

Post by bfrance » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Question about this: The online registration site says that "the registrar has elected to not receive online payment for this event," but there is a pay now field on the page.

Do I need to pay online, or can I pay on the event day and just pre-register online?

Thanks,

-Ben

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Pay the morning of the event, it is a default part of MotorsportReg that tells you payment is due (we can't make it go away). That is why we put in bright red letters at the top of the page:

Payment will be at the Registration Trailer the morning of the event.

Please disregard all notices that ask you to pay online to complete registration.

Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing you at the event.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

bfrance

Post by bfrance » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Sounds good.

Looking forward to getting back into it.

See you,

-Ben

jga0001

Lookin for a ride

Post by jga0001 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:23 am

Anybody willing to split their ride with me next weekend? I have a project car in the garage, but due to many unforseen circumstances (and bad planning) it won't ready in the near future. I'm willing to pay the entry fee for both you and myself, plus lunch. I just moved to Springfield last year, and only made it to the last AutoX of last season, so most of you may not know me yet. Drove a black miata that had duct tape for numbering... name's Justin. Can follow any specific instructions concerning your vehicle (i.e. dont launch over 3000 rpm, watch engine temp, etc.), I'm not out to break anything, just looking for some seat time.

Let me know, thanks!

mitsumirage

Post by mitsumirage » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 pm

I'll be racing this season. I can't wait to get back into some fun autox! :D
2001 silver Mitsubishi Mirage st117

markyf

weather to go or not

Post by markyf » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Does anyone know if they make studded 35 series rubber?
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

rad_dsm

Post by rad_dsm » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Or when it would be canceled?

4wdrift

Post by 4wdrift » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:06 pm

sorry guys, the reply box said that my response didn't go through. guess I need to be on here more, or as MaRK WOULD SAY, MY DRIVING IS LIKE MY COMPUTER SKILLS!
go fast,........avoid orange bumps!!!

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:30 pm

4wdrift wrote:sorry guys, the reply box said that my response didn't go through. guess I need to be on here more, or as MaRK WOULD SAY, MY DRIVING IS LIKE MY COMPUTER SKILLS!
Ironically I was trying to delete the multiple posts and accidentally deleted them all. :oops:

This was 4wdrift's response to markyf's post about 35 series studded tires.
4wdrift wrote:I don't think so.....but there are about 4 others in your class that would love to put some nails in your hoosiers!!!. :evil:
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:51 am

The weather is being discussed, but please do not wait to see what happens before you pre-register. We encourage people to pre-register for event because it will keep you in the loop, if something does change then you automatically will be emailed.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:30 pm

The event is canceled due to weather. We'll post it on the main page soon. We're already in discussion for a make up date and will keep everyone posted.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:25 am

This event has been rescheduled for this Sunday 03-31-13. We are using the same registration (just updated the dates) so if you registerted already you are good to go.

If you didn't already pre-register please do so using the MotorsportReg link above.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 pm

I'll be there. 8)

Pre-registration is an exercise is drastically streamlining the registration line at the event and getting an idea of attendance. This is a special case: we're carrying over the 3/24/2013 pre-registration list, and treating this event as a reschedule. No need to re-register if you were already signed up for 3/24.

If someone can't make it on 3/31, but pre-registered for 3/24, there is no harm in being listed. Your name will not be checked off as paid on the day of the event, and you won't be listed as a competitor for timing and scoring reasons. Un-registering is merely a courtesy to help us see who won't be there.

However, if you are attending on 3/31 and you aren't signed up, please do so. That makes day-of-event registration go much faster.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 pm

The weather looks like it will be dry tomorrow and warm up nicely, if a little cloudy early.

Anyone who wants to be on site 7-8AM, we can put you to good use.

We'll need to set up flag tape boundaries, unpack the trailer, setup grid and sweep it, have a few people rotating on gate waiver station, etc.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD