SOLO Event #8 :: 10/19/2014 - Neosho

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

SOLO Event #8 :: 10/19/2014 - Neosho

Post by SilverYota » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:02 am

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #8
Sunday, Oct 19th, 2014
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri Map

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Additional MotorsportReg instructions and details here. Please pre-register online to save time on the day of the event.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for this season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in STC, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration, if a number is not shown when it is time to choose, then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. Our friends at the Crowder College Trucking School usually grill lunch on-site at modest cost.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left onto National Guard Drive just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map - click to view

Run / Work
Typically, half of the classes run in one heat, while other other half help work the event. Then we switch after lunch. Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up late to the event or late to your work assignment, you may not be allowed to participate.

If we have over 80 entrants, we will go to a three-heat format:
  • Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
  • Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
  • Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2
Crowder College has asked us to sign a waiver at every event in addition to the normal SCCA waiver. If you have access to a printer, please print and fill out a copy in advance so you don't have to stand around filling one out at the gate to the site.
http://www.omrscca.org/docs/CrowderColl ... elease.pdf

Don't hesitate to ask any questions here or via our Facebook page. See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Well, good or bad, justin asked me to do the track and I'm working on a layout now.

Track will be purpose built with nismos in mind. :shock: :P :o :roll: :idea:
That's right. Scores will be determined by sound quality. :lol: :wink:

Will be different then what we've seen. Hope it's fun. I'm Excited

Kent

Post by Kent » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:11 am

Weather looks great for Sunday!

I'm sure you will have a great track for us Sam :D

Looking forward to being in the battle in B street!

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Well it just so happens I have a Nismo and I just but a new exhaust on it!
Sounds like I have no excuse not to FTD:)
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:41 pm

springfielddyno wrote: Track will be purpose built with nismos in mind. :shock: :P :o :roll: :idea:
That's right. Scores will be determined by sound quality
For those who don't know.... I was trying to bait my brother into coming. He's 50/50 right now. I'm a huge fan of the exhaust tones from these cars! Can't wait to listen to huffmans and maybe martins.

Kent

Post by Kent » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:52 pm

Great course Sam! That was very fun!

Looking forward to next year with you all

Thank you to all that helped get my wife on the track, sounds like I might have a co-driver :D

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:01 pm

I agree about the course....it was the most fun to drive of any all year. Even though it was fast and you would think a driver of a low-horsepower car wouldn't like it, it had a lot of character. Instead of 180s (it just had one corner that was actually a 180), it had corners that were somewhat less than that, and each one drove differently.....either the entry or exit was a little different or the speed was critical or some other aspect was fresh. I also liked using more of the lot....gives us more options.

Once again I appreciate all of you who worked on set-up, timing, organization, etc., etc. Thanks one and all.

Bud

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Results have been posted.

I think we got everything sorted, we had several timing and scoring issues. There were way to many missed finishes the first heat, I made at least 2 errors on cone counts the second heat (sorry Kent and Warren) and man was it hard to see the cars in line from the trailer (you did get a good view of the back of the cars in line however).

Lessons learned, we need to think through exactly what the line will look like before setting the trailer. I took to quick of a glance this morning and thought there was a good view of the car staged at the line (which there was) and thought it was good enough. We probably need some new tripods that don't wobble so much to help with T/S missed trips.

Also to all that attend, please make sure you return to the grid in the same place you left, 2 Driver cars have on the correct #'s, and BE READY when the grid worker is headed your way. The last one is the most important the first run through for the Back up T/S person, they are writing down the cars as they come through the first time. If you aren't at your car for the first run, then filter back in 6 cars later you get written down in the wrong order. Then for all subsequent runs, the back-up T/S person is jumping all over their sheets every time you run. Couple that with not switching your #'s and you get a nearly incomprehensible mess that someone then gets to spend hours sorting out later. :(
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

jga0001

Post by jga0001 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 am

I think we need to make sure the tech inspection person knows to look at everybody’s (1st and 2nd driver) numbers before he clears them. That would have caught the issue with the 2 people registered under the same number in the same car. Would also have caught unreadable numbers, especially those haphazard 1’s thrown on for the 2nd drivers. A lot of those people are new and they just don’t know, so we either get to show them beforehand or in the middle of the event.

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:19 am

thanks for all the kind words about the course. I wanted to make a "fun" course for the last one of the year... You know, that one good golf shot... When I finished, I figured that'd be the last one I get to do :wink: I'm not sure I did Chester (dad) the biggest favor running in XP

Chester and I had a good time, pretty much giving rides (I bolted a passenger seat in for this event) the whole time. The handling was a little off with the wedge, thrust angle & the rest of the set up built around a "heavy left side", but it was still pretty good!

I didn't receive any interest in the car, so I've got more development plans for the winter... That's a cool thing about prepared, the rule book doesn't hold you back much!

Here are a couple of videos...
http://youtu.be/bJ2Oi9URovU
http://youtu.be/8ZTueDT6wl4