Congrats to Bud Weeks!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

Congrats to Bud Weeks!

Post by flogger » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:09 pm

PAX FTD at NeOkla Region's Solo of 11/2/14

Way to go, Bud!

http://neoklascca.org/results/2014-solo ... sults.html
Scott Woosley

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:45 pm

We're all In trouble next year.

:shock:

markyf

Post by markyf » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 am

I think Bud should retire (and that doesn't mean new tires).
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Good job Bud but look just one spot out of the top 10. Great job Kent, didn't you just start doing this a couple of months ago?
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:17 pm

SilverYota wrote:Good job Bud but look just one spot out of the top 10. Great job Kent, didn't you just start doing this a couple of months ago?
Yea. No kidding. That's some pretty quick company you're hanging with. No more help for you! :wink:

flogger

Post by flogger » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:54 pm

I'd like to say that Kent's doing well so quickly because he rode along with me at his very first event, but really I think it's because he used to race motorcycles and he's a pretty quick study. I'm not too surprised that his learning curve is shaped a little differently from the norm.
Scott Woosley

Kent

Post by Kent » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks guys! :)

You all have been helping me out, and I thank you very much!

Scott, you showed me how to drive the Civic. That was an eye opener for me big time. Then the slight transition from the Civic to the S2000!

Yes, I have a motorcycle history. A lot of street time with a number of track events. Lots of fun, except for drivers of cars that do not look for a bike.....

My first Autocross was with you all in June. I should have started sooner!

I'll continue to study up on this driving a rear wheel drive car thing, and see if we can compete with some of you guys! :P

Kent

Post by Kent » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:29 am

springfielddyno wrote:
SilverYota wrote:Good job Bud but look just one spot out of the top 10. Great job Kent, didn't you just start doing this a couple of months ago?
Yea. No kidding. That's some pretty quick company you're hanging with. No more help for you! :wink:
Hey! :cry:

I doubt you have a worry!

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Us motorcycle guys got to stick together! 8)

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks for all the kind words. I guess I'm a slower learner than Kent....it only has taken me a year to learn how to drive a Mini....and I know I still have some things to learn.

Great job Kent! We'll all have to watch our backs this next year. Glad to have you running with us.

I've been looking over the PAX results for this past year. Congrats to Sam! Once again a great effort and great driving. Sam, if my memory serves, I think this is number 8 for you as OMR's Autocrosser of the Year.

Sam had three PAX wins this year, followed by Opie and Korry with two each. Stan got one PAX win, in my car! In points, Sam had 69 counting his best 6 events, I was second with 57 points followed by Mark Foley with 56 points, each counting 6 events. Opie and Korry were 4th and 5th, with only 4 events each. I can't possibly mention all the folks that had really good drives this year, but I did notice that Justin kept creeping up the results during the year and recorded several top 5's.

So here's a topic that may be helpful for next season, at least for those of us who run on street tires. From two nationally competitive drivers who did at lot of back to back tire testing, I understand that the Kumho XS was the top tire for the Mini Cooper in H Street as it seemed to tolerate being heated and thrashed better than other tires. Also, I understand that the Hankook RS3 was the best tire in the dry and wet fir an STU Evo. Now, whether these same tires will be changed and whether new compounds or tire designs will show up is yet to be seen. I'm sure a lot more info will come out as we get toward next season.

I thoroughly enjoyed autocrossing this past year, and I look forward to next year! Yes, there is life after Shelby.

Bud