Kansas City Region RallyCross #2 6/6/2015 - POSTPONED

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

gsxnut

Kansas City Region RallyCross #2 6/6/2015 - POSTPONED

Post by gsxnut » Thu May 14, 2015 5:56 pm

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/kcr ... VU2HpOQzar

The Kansas City Region SCCA will host it's second RallyCross event of the year on Saturday, June 6th at the Thunder Valley Sand Drags in Grain Valley, MO. For those of you with Solo and Street cars, this is the time to come out and see what everyone has been talking about! The course will be run on the hard-packed clay of the drag strip and the grass parking lot, both of which are smooth and level, and resistant to rutting. The site is just outside of Grain Valley, MO with gas and food located conveniently close.

This will be the only event at Thunder Valley before the MiDiv National Challenge event, so now is the time to come get your car set up for the site.

Come and join in the fun kicking up some dirt in KC.

Mark Macoubrie
41PA
Last edited by gsxnut on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gsxnut

Re: Kansas City Region RallyCross #2 6/6/2015

Post by gsxnut » Sun May 31, 2015 11:14 am

RallyCrossers, there's only one week left before the Kansas City Region SCCA RallyCross #2 at the Thunder Valley Sand Drags in Grain Valley, MO. This will be the only event at the site prior to our Midwest Division National Challenge event in July, so now is the time to come out and get your set-up right for the site.

The site is level, smooth, and very resistant to rutting. We've had a few of our SOLO racers out last year with their machines and they ran beautifully, so bring whatever car you have and have some fun. There's gas and food just a few blocks away, and there will likely be an informal post-rallycross party at a nearby Mexican restaurant afterwards.

Schedule:
* Site opens at 07:00
* Tech & Registration open at 08:30 -10:00
* Drivers Meeting at 09:30
* First Car Off 10:00

Online registration closes: 6/3//2015 @ 11:59 PM CDT

Entry fees are $35.00 for SCCA members and $45.00 for non-members (which includes a weekend membership that has perks with the SCCA).

Mark Macoubrie

gsxnut

Re: Kansas City Region RallyCross #2 6/6/2015 - POSTPONED

Post by gsxnut » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Bad news, everyone. Our site was already saturated from the abundant rain we've received this spring and today the site had several inches more rain dumped on it. I stopped by the site on my way home from work today and I should have taken a photo. It is literally under water.

If the forecast were for clear, dry skies between now and Saturday, then we might have a chance of the site draining and drying out sufficiently, but with rain predicted for tonight, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I'm afraid we have to postpone the event.

I apologize to everyone who had made plans to come out and rallycross with us, especially to those who were coming from out of state, but Mother Nature really did a number on our site. As soon as we have a new date for the event, I'll be sure to post it.
In the meantime, registration for the 2015 Midwest Division RallyCross National Challenge on July 18th and 19th is open!
http://msreg.com/2015MiDivRallyX

-Doug Patterson, 2015 KCRSCCA RallyCross Chair

JimR

Re: Kansas City Region RallyCross #2 6/6/2015 - POSTPONED

Post by JimR » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:05 am

A shame. This is a darn good RallyCross site and I was planning on being there.

Everyone definitely needs to be at the National Challenge next month.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD