2018 OMR Solo #11 - season ender

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

2018 OMR Solo #11 - season ender

Post by flogger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:18 pm

2018 OMR Solo #11

Results are posted.
http://omrscca.org/results

Great course by Jim, and a great performance by Mark.
Also, exceptional levels of sportsmanship from many - something I especially like to see.
Good job, everyone

Postseason handicapped Australian pursuit event in a couple of weeks. Should be fun.

Scott
Scott Woosley

budweeks

Re: 2018 OMR Solo #11 - season ender

Post by budweeks » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Wow, what an experience. A great experience for most, I hope. Not too great an experience for me.

First, congrats to Mark Foley for not only top PAX for the event but also for clinching Autocrosser of the Year! Great job Mark! Mark was worried that if he didn't score any points and I won the event, then I would win AOTY. Not even close. As things turned out, Mark got max points and I got zero.

Yes, I had a few problems. Thanks to Pete, Gregg, Mark, and some others who tried to get me back on the track. I don't remember ever spinning that quickly. I got into the dirt and discovered, when I got back to the grid, that there was enough debris in the bead of the left front wheel that the tire would not hold air. All efforts to clean it out with deflating it and using a couple of screwdrivers met with failure. Wal Mart eventually got it good enough to get home.

Thanks also to Jason Mulkey who offered a ride in his car. I managed to spin his car too (but not into the dirt fortunately) but driving it ,compared to my car, was like night and day....like if your day is in Tokyo and your night is in Paris. It is a great car as demonstrated by both Jason and Mark but quite different from what I'm used to.

It was a good course designed by Jim, who was just a tiny tick out of top PAX. Great job Jim, X2. I just wish I could have enjoyed the course a little more. Oh well, there is always next year.

Thanks as always to all the great people who helped put on the event, and especially to Scott and Matt who do such a great job keeping things organized.

Bud

markyf

Post by markyf » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:25 am

Thanks, Bud. I didn't want it to end that way, with you spinning out of contention. You did great this year like always and you are always a threat to win!
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Enjoy it guys... well done.

New pax is going to make you pedal a few tenths quicker to keep up with Kent. Pretty interesting, he goes to a easier class and practically no pax change. :mrgreen:

Kent

Post by Kent » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Yes, the change from B to C street gives me a net +.001 change from 2018.

All should be interesting for sure next year!