6/27/21 Autocross

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

6/27/21 Autocross

Post by flogger » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:53 am

Audited results are posted.
Weather forecast kept attendance way down for this event, and sure enough, the surface had a lot of flowing water on it during setup, but it gradually diminished during the day and surprisingly we didn't get any measurable rain after ~ 6:15 AM.
Our usual Chiefs of Tech and Registration (Gregg and Matt) were not able to attend, so special thanks to Jeff Moore and Jacob Clouse for stepping in for those tasks.
Extra special thanks to Jacob - he drove down to work the event (and I really put him to work running checkin/registration and Timing) and didn't even compete. He will be serving as Eventmaster for the next couple of events, so give him a high five or something, the next time you see him.

As usual, thanks to all the guys who helped load and unload the trailer - that's always a lot of work. Also bonus thanks to Sam, Jacob and Bill for moving the trailer.

Course design was by Sam, so as expected, it was fast and open, dealt with the water and lot defects well, had good flow and a few visual nuances to it. The event was so small, we took 8 runs each, which went over well.
Also, a literal hat was passed around for donations to our Street Survival program, and I think we added about another $80 towards that fund. Thanks to Vonn and Martin and everyone else who chipped in.
Scott Woosley

budweeks

Re: 6/27/21 Autocross

Post by budweeks » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:11 am

Good event! Thanks greatly to Scott who managed all the organizational efforts. Nice course set up by Sam.
Congrats to Don and his 2nd place PAX finish! Well done Don.
I had a great time autocrossing a rear-driver for the first time in many years. What a revelation! Hang the tail out a bit....no problem. Just a little counter-steer and keep my foot in it. Whoopee!
Thanks to all who helped.
Bud