Elections!!!!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:58 pm

For those of you out there that are not internet savy in the forum lingo - Flame, Flaming and Flame Baiting are all terms that could be used to describe my post above. Why? Because it provokes people to respond to comments made, who are normally silent. Once people start talking then it is much easier for someone to make correct decisions based on information obtained.

e·lite [ i lt, ay lt ]

noun (plural e·lites)

Definition:

1. privileged minority: a small group of people within a larger group who have more power, social standing, wealth, or talent than the rest of the group ( takes a singular or plural verb )

Sam, whether you like the title or not, I do believe you fall under it even though I never accused you of it. One day I hoped to be considered an elite but not if it compromises my moral base. I had to reread my post to see where I said the Road Racers disliked the Autocrossers. Didn't find it. :? What I read was that there is a noticeable segregation between the two groups and that the Club will never be a Club until those barriers are destroyed. Plus never was there a mention of black helios, only the observation that IMO the workhorse of the Region is not getting as much representation as it should on the BoD. The air space around HPT is restricted so they could fly there. :wink: :lol:

Atleast people are talking. Let's be constructive in the ideas and vote smart to see if the people can make the Club. :D

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:18 pm

crazy eddie wrote: Atleast people are talking. Let's be constructive in the ideas and vote smart to see if the people can make the Club. :D
I'm with this guy ;) I think there have been some good ideas stated and we need to put some to action.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Ed... instead of provoking... just attend the board meetings and express your concerns. It's alot easier... and you can quit giving the OMR and it's BOD bad press... The people who show up talk at the board meeting every month. They make what they believe are the best decesions for the club.

An elitest Miata driver? Trust me, if I was, I'd have a race car with more than 12X hp... Sorry about the "x" but it's classified. ;)

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:10 am

Don't worry Sam - no more press coming from me at all. (I don't give out bad press, I report what I see. If there is no "bad press" then none is seen.) If OMR wants to grow and get new members from outside this niche they will have to have someone else do it. I have gotten nothing but grief and egg on my face by trying to help. Even the TTRR gained me grief when I was told by Jonathan to change the name and not advertise it as a Rally because OMR does not have a Rally SSS. OMG this rally has been around since 1982 (as carved on the trophy) and just now it is a problem to call it a Rally? LMFAO.

For the record : The only people trying to run off new members is SCCA HQ in Topeka with this "members only" way of thinking.

===========================================

Since nothing happens outside of the public accessible meetings ( :wink: ), I would like to answer a few points from the email sent out by Jeff Moore to the BoD on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 @ 9:14PM.

Forrest did not need extra time. When I drove to his home to surrender the TTRR trophy, he told me the layout for the rally and it sounds like it would have been very fun & challenging to compete it.

I got my "postcard" yesterday which is 4 days after the Rally was advertised to take place. Once again the internet is faster. :lol:

"By the way" - Yes I remember who won the TTRR last year. A team that is hugely dissappointed by these last minute changes when work schedules were switched so they could compete in and defend the TTRR this year. Once again the elected manager was not allowed to run his event his way.

=========================================

Inside the SCCA as a whole, the road racers are the cream of the crop so to speak. Road Racers are not entry level competitors in most cases thus someone that is will see you as elite because you can and do compete in road racing. Now inside the Spec Miata world of SCCA you may not see yourself that way but none the less you are doing what several us wish we could do.

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:38 am

Ed, consider open track days... It's much less expensive, and you get as much track time... While technically it's not W2W, by the end of the day, it can get pretty close...

Dad and I just went to something along those lines... about $150/ea for the day. His first time.

There's always the next level...

Someone would love just to autocross
you want to road race...
a regional racer wants to do nationals
a national racer wants to do all the nationals/runoffs with winning effort
Then the runoffs racer wants to race a "sexy" GT2 car as above...
Then they want to race MX5 cup or Koni whatever
Then they want to race world challenge touring
Then they want to race world challenge GT
Then they want to race German touring/ALMS/BTC...
Then they want to race Formula whatever....

red dawg ridley

elestions

Post by red dawg ridley » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:50 am

Nobody GIVES OMR and the BOD bad press, they earn it !!!

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:54 am

well, I guess you guys told it how it is... :roll:

I suspect we'll have dozens of nominations this year for the BOD...

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:19 pm

I would really like to help in any way I can....I have not been an "official" member of SCCA yet but do plan to join this year...as I see I will have to anyways.....

I am local AutoX'er that would love to do nationals some time....Thats who I am... if I need to get more involved with my local SCCA organization to be able to do that....then so be it... I will be at the next metting on tuesday and hope to listen and learn to see if there is anything I should be doing... 8)

I find autoX as the only safe legal way for me to drive my car fast....and I would like to keep it that way... I hope all of this going down dosnt ruien it for me... :shock:
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

red dawg ridley

elections

Post by red dawg ridley » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:34 pm

After you've been to the Board meeting, I'd love for you to tell me and the others on this forum if you felt like you'd been traeted like a bastard stepchild

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:17 pm

springfielddyno wrote:Ed, consider open track days... It's much less expensive, and you get as much track time... While technically it's not W2W, by the end of the day, it can get pretty close...

Dad and I just went to something along those lines... about $150/ea for the day. His first time.

you want to road race...
Im doing this next year. Already making plans and seeing what Clubs are available for this. Im Rather Excited. Time to get on track!!!! Pun Intended! :lol:
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

mlt

Post by mlt » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:47 pm

Just remember when you have your BOD meeting. there are some folks in Arkansas that would be more than willing to help for the greater good. But due to the distance, jobs, no autocross planned, it probably wont happen to have us come there for a meeting. But PLEASE keep us in mind when passing out the chores. We need you guys and we need a place to race.

At some point you / they might want to look at the location and date of the meeting, if it meant that more people (with ideas) might be able to make a meeting or to.

Once again, I WILL HELP ! Just some tell, what , how to , when !

I am a very capable hand to have around.!

I come in PEACE ! * *( I was an alien at work today, still in charachter, so so sorry.........)

Lisa
gotta go faster !

BLIZZ

Post by BLIZZ » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:05 pm

AutoXChris wrote:
springfielddyno wrote:Ed, consider open track days... It's much less expensive, and you get as much track time... While technically it's not W2W, by the end of the day, it can get pretty close...

you want to road race...
Im doing this next year. Already making plans and seeing what Clubs are available for this. Im Rather Excited. Time to get on track!!!! Pun Intended! :lol:
You must be forgetting about the little punt you took in the rear bumper this year. :lol: :lol:

I think experiencing a track day would be great also.
Alcohol Tobaco and Firearms...... should be a convenience store not a government agency.