Thanks Matt Longpine

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

springfielddyno

Thanks Matt Longpine

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 am

I want to thank matt longpine. He recently helped me for just about 2 straight days getting my FP miata running and on the track. It was crunch time and Matt came out of nowhere to save the day. We did some wiring, final prep, and started from scratch on a Electromotive Tec GT Tune. In the end, the car made it on the track for some first race shake down stuff with just a few hours to spare. The car needs improvements in certain areas, but everything that Matt and I did worked just fine. His work was of high quality and he picked up on the tuning super fast.

Thanks!
Sam

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 pm

Sam you are welcome, and thank you for the kind words. I also wanted to thank you for the opportunity to learn about tuning a ECM from scratch (and the drinks). You can read books all day long, but a couple of hours working with you on the software answered a lot of questions that I know would have come up if I ever decide to tackle a project like this of my own. Also, I had a great time and am looking forward to getting to see the car on the track sometime.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:17 pm

I'm hearing Matt also helped fix the OMR Solo trailer.

If he had a mullet and denim jacket, he might be mistaken for MacGyver.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD