classing question

SCCA technical discussions and classing discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

drivehard

classing question

Post by drivehard » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 am

Well, I have done some modifications to my 4dr Integra, and no longer will be competing in HS, but am wondering where it would fit now. I have put Springs, and struts, braces, full exhaust, and will be running R compounds. I was thinking DSP, but that not be right. Any info would be greatful.

Thanks,

Robert McLaren
CRUX[kruks] 1. of perplexing difficulty. 2. the essential or most important point.

DRIVE HARD, DRIVE FAST, DON'T MISS YOUR POINT!!!!

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:35 am

Robert,

Sorry I am not familiar enough with the rules to answer your question, but I am sure someone will reply.

For anyone interested, the entire SOLO rule set is available to anyone, member or not at scca.com The following link should get you there.......

http://scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

Thanks to everyone like you Robert who ask on the forum or checks the rule book prior to the event. It is the competitors responsibility to class there own car. Figuring the class out at the trailer before the event, is time consuming and puts the whole day behind schedule.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:40 pm

drivehard wrote: I have put Springs, and struts, braces, full exhaust, and will be running R compounds. I was thinking DSP, but that not be right. Any info would be greatful.
Define "braces", are they bolt in strut tower braces or are they some sort of under body chassis bracing? Refer to 15.2 in the 2009 Solo Rules to verify that your braces are allowed in the Street Prepared class. Also are these all of the mods because stripping out the interior or other changes that you might not think about can change your class.
Curtis wrote: Thanks to everyone like you Robert who ask on the forum or checks the rule book prior to the event. It is the competitors responsibility to class there own car. Figuring the class out at the trailer before the event, is time consuming and puts the whole day behind schedule.
I couldn't agree more, everyone that reads these forums should be asking these kinds of questions here. It is so much easier than waiting until you are in the registration line holding others up.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:14 pm

little help: stock mods allowed start on p60 in the solo rules pdf curtis pointed you to. street prepared start on p82. sounds like that's most likely for you.

the R's won't hurt you, excluded only from ST? classes, as long as they're stock size and DOT rated.

any strut allowed, even stock classes. stock no more than double-adjustable. can't change bushings, bump stops, attachment method, location, etc.

cat-back only for exhaust mods in stock, so you're probably xSP there.

like our yota colleague says, braces good question, depends what kind, eg subframe braces ok in ?SP, with limits on where attached/how far they extend, can't be boxed or triangulated; not ok in stock regardless. transverse strut or shock tower braces ok for ?SP, not stock, unless they were stock equipment.

springs probably ?SP also if they lowered your car. stock doesn't allow spring mods.

full exhaust ok in SP, not in stock.

good luck sorting it out.