FS: 2001 Miata LS six-speed

Private listings from local members. Unpaid business advertisements, illegal materials, and squirrelly contraband will be removed.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

FS: 2001 Miata LS six-speed

Post by JimR » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:15 pm

2001 Miata LS six-speed
84,xxx miles

This is it. Of all the Miatas made, the '01+ update was the one to have. I'm dangling it for sale, which means you can experience the cosmic turn-in, top-down delights, and phenomenal grip yourself. It's pretty darn clean and has all the right goodies for you to have a barrel of fun. Best-handling street car I've ever driven. Unless your car says "Lotus Elise" on it, you might as well leave it at home.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
(click thumbnails to embiggen)

Good stuff
Factory sport brakes option
Torsen limited-slip
Leather, power locks, remote trunk
Factory Bose stereo, single-CD

Right parts (feel free to add this up if purchased separately)
Flyin' Miata springs
Koni yellows (adjustable)
Flyin' Miata swaybars with Racing Beat endlinks
Hard Dog Sport roll bar with twin diagonals
Curt hitch and TireTail
Warm-air intake
Hawk HPS front pads installed in Spring
New OEM rear pads in box, can install
Currently rolling on mostly-worn Falken 512's
Set of partially worn 16" BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW's included

The first owner was in Dallas and had several Miatas prior, and I estimate the timing belt was changed about 15k miles ago. Second owner was a good friend of mine in NW Arkansas, and I helped install the brakes and suspension. It has been fed Mobil1 exclusively. I purchased in July, and put fresh Redline fluids in the diff and transmission. The clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, and two sections of clutch line are all new OEM.

Minor faults
A few blemishes and rock chips on the nose, a few hard-to-notice dings.
Radio antenna cable needs to be reconnected, friend used with iPod instead
Airbag "dummy light" flashes intermittenly.
Tiny ding in top just below rear glass. No issue with leaks.

Why is it up for sale?
First off, I don't need to sell this car, nor does it cause me financial hardship. I will hold onto it and continue to enjoy it if there is no interest.

My Sentra SE-R was re-classed to FSP for the 2009 autocross season. Proceeds from the Miata would be used to fund Sentra upgrades and autocross ventures next season, possibly other cars. I already have three cars, and don't have room for another unless one goes.

Buy it
If you're serious about buying, we're talking in the low $9k's, pretty much what I owe. This is a seasonal discount to you guys for a short time. Steal it now. By Spring (with some nose touch-up paint), the price goes up, I keep it, or trade it.

Forget the crowds on Black Friday. This is someone's Merry Christmas right here.

Send a PM and let's talk details.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD