New Guy from Arkansas

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Godfather1138

New Guy from Arkansas

Post by Godfather1138 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi, My name is Greg and I'm addicted to all things motorsport...

I have been digging around trying to find info about possible "local" RallyX events and an SCCA region to call home for tarmac as well as I don't really fall into the AR region anymore, and traveling to central AR for every event will get old. The rally search has led me here though.

It looks like you guys had a great turn out for your test/first event so I'm excited at the thought that you may want to add more rally in the future. I have a few questions about the requirements for location b/c I may have a location in NWA that may interest you, but I'll save that for later discussion.

Here is my project 2002 WRX wagon:
only performance mods are intake and exhaust, I want to dig into the SCCA rallycross rule book before I do to much to it.

FlatBlack

Post by FlatBlack » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:20 pm

The wagon looks terrific, I was looking at one exactly that colour a few months ago in Fayetteville.

Our buddy Jake runs his bug eye wagon in STX at AutoX events with a stock suspension, don't be afraid of the tarmac!

Welcome

- Mat
Mat #67
96 Nissan 240SX [SM]
05 Forester XT [SM]
02 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 5.3L [Tow Rig]

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Good to see you Greg. I hadn't seen your WRX, yet.

We're always open to site possibilities, and we can get club members on board if there's something that looks like would be good to pursue.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD