Solo Vee?

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Aaron

Solo Vee?

Post by Aaron » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:30 pm

I have been researching Solo Vee's for the FM class for the last few weeks and I was wondering if you have any show up at the local solo events? Anyone on this forum run one? I would like to ask some questions.

Thanks,
AP

Ted Wells

Reply To Query

Post by Ted Wells » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:47 pm

Yes....Robt. Marsh of Rogersville has run such a car in the past and, earlier this year, had two cars for sale. I do not know if Robt. still visits this Forum.

1) you can PM me and I'll try to find a way for you to contact Robt.

2) you can look through the "For Sale" threads in this Forum and see if Robt.'s ad still appears there.

Ted Wells

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:57 am

I have contacted Robert by email about his cars. I was wondering if anyone else in the area runs the Solo Vee's or any other cars in the FM class. I was disappoint to read the Autocross this weekend was cancelled, I was going to come out and watch with my son.

Thanks for the reply,
AP

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:11 am

There's a guy named Robert Moore in OKC who autocrosses a Vee. He might be up at the NEOkla autocross in Tulsa on November 3rd and 4th.

It seems like the cost of entry is low and they're light enough to pull behind anything with a hitch. They also look pretty fickle from some I've seen run in past years. Campaigning a FM Vee looks like a labor of love for air-cooled VW hardware.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD