New guy

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

PDavis40

New guy

Post by PDavis40 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Hey everyone. My names Paul. I drive an 06 RSX Type-S as a DD and I own two 240sx's. One I drive and one is a parts car. I recently ran my 240 at auto-x and had decent times for my only time out. I had to part due to me putting crappy oil in my car; so it started to valve tick very bad. So I parked it for ten minutes after two runs and it went away but Id decided to go home and put good oil and 10w-30 in it.(had 5w-30) So got that done it the car has ticked since. So far I have put Stance GL+Pro coilovers on it, Megan RUCA's , cusco solid motor mounts, and Megan quick release hub and ebay steering wheel. I will be buying new seats, 4 or 5 point harness, and roll cage. I also have some other plans but I dont feel like going into detail.

I meet a few guys out there that were really cool. I know Ronny and thats all I know by name that goes out there often. I look forward into coming to auto-x events in the future and plan to build my 240 around auto-x/drift(but leaning more towards auto-x.

-Paul

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:43 am

Hey Paul.

I wondered where you went, because your driving looked pretty good on course. Hopefully everything gets sorted, and you can get back for more events.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

CivicSiguy

Re: New guy

Post by CivicSiguy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:56 am

Who the heck is Ronny? :lol: I assume this is Paul in the black RSX-S (beautiful car) that I saw last night? Weren't you calling me Johnny then? :lol: I'm glad you found the site

If Jim says your driving looked pretty good, thats a very good sign you should continue to autocross and hone those skills. Next time (assuming I have a good CV joint and axles still) between your runs you can ride along with me and get a good feel of what the K20 can do. I'll co drive with you a few times as well. Another guy that autocrosses and the one who got me involved (zoom zoom, aka Chuck B) co drove with me a few events back and dropped a good second off my time just by giving me advise on hand positions on the steering wheel and shift points. It can be a valuable asset, and I'm sure he'll give you some pointers as well.

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask! The names Donny. Glad you found the site and welcome!
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:56 am

glad... you made it to the site..... it was a bummer you had to go but it was ticking pretty bad... good call to save the engine over having fun :)...

see you at the next event...
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

PDavis40

Post by PDavis40 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Haha Sorry Donny.. I suck with names. Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the future!
Thanks
Paul

killerbracing

Post by killerbracing » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:04 pm

If that's my Paulie from NOSM welcome here! Let's do some cone racin'!