a quick question?

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

mitsumirage

a quick question?

Post by mitsumirage » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:17 am

i went to the last autocross and had my parents sign the waiver cause im 17

will they both need to sign it again or am i good?
2001 silver Mitsubishi Mirage st117

Ted Wells

Post by Ted Wells » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:33 pm

I don't know which form your parents signed, but it should have been a "minor" waiver. That form is multipage, and you should have been given the yellow (I think) sheet to retain for future use.

Assuming you have this sheet - showing your parents' signatures from the last event - you can use it for the remainder of the year to acquire a wristband when entering the site.

The minor waiver form I speak of should not be confused with the weekend membership form.

mitsumirage

Post by mitsumirage » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:02 pm

well i just checked my car and i couldnt find it :( i dont remember picking it up. would you guys have kept one on record? i did find my weekend membership recipt in case you need proof? The only reason im wondering is because my dad has to work that sunday and cant come =/

Ted Wells

Post by Ted Wells » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:55 am

I don't want to go any further into the "nuts & bolts" of the situation because I wasn't at the June event......

It is certainly possible that the people at Registration kept on file the form your parents signed.

PERHAPS SOMEONE WHO WORKED REGISTRATION AT THE JUNE EVENT WILL JUMP IN HERE.......

Ted Wells

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW.....

Post by Ted Wells » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:45 am

Let's start over.....

The waiver info I supplied in earlier posts may be out of date.

Go to www.scca.com then click on "About SCCA" (under SCCA logo top left quadrant) then click on "Insurance" (left hand margin.)

On the "Insurance" screen you will see a list of forms which can be downloaded. You are looking for "MS-L Minor Release Form/Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement." (I know it says something about Club Racing but it also applies to SOLO competition.)

Print (in color) this form. It's two pages. You and your parents fill out both pages. Write "PLEASE KEEP ON FILE" on the top of each page. Bring both pages with you to the July 20th autocross. Use these pages to acquire a wrist band then turn them in at Registration.

Following these instructions will make moot any questions about what happened or what forms you/your parents signed at Registration on June 22nd.

mitsumirage

Post by mitsumirage » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:35 am

thank you sir! :D

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:48 pm

Mitsumirage, I spoke with magilson today and he is going to look for the Minor waiver that you filled out last time that had both of your parents signatures. If he can find it you will be ok and we will get you the copy you need to keep when you show up on Sunday. Remeber even with the paperwork you must still have ONE parent or legal gaurdian with you all day at the event. If you do have to download and fill out a new one before the event it must be notarized if not witnessed by a club member.

Here is a link to a topic where this has been discussed before http://omrsolo2.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... e&start=30
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

gcomfx

Post by gcomfx » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:57 am

mitsumirage are you Larry's son I met this w/e? If so, great to meet you and the rest of the family. 8)
Paul Brown

94 Mustang GT

mitsumirage

Post by mitsumirage » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:21 am

yea thats me

gcomfx

Post by gcomfx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:51 am

Very cool. 8) It's not everyday you get to put faces with usernames so quickly. :lol:
Paul Brown

94 Mustang GT