HEY IM NEW, WHERE DO I GET MY LICENSE

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

real_dirty

HEY IM NEW, WHERE DO I GET MY LICENSE

Post by real_dirty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:42 pm

I need info on where to obtain my license in the STATE OF MISSOURI, yeah I said it. So can anybody help me out? Thanks alot

SCCA License, not MO State License. Oh and I am from Michigan is my drivers license good here for this?
Racing is Life

magilson

Post by magilson » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:14 pm

Are you talking about your membership card for our autocross events or an actual racing liscense for pro events?
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

real_dirty

Post by real_dirty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:05 pm

I thought u had to have one for all your events. I am trying to do what it takes to work my way up in the ranks starting from point A to learn some stuff about the whole deal as well as how my car will react.
Racing is Life

real_dirty

Post by real_dirty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:47 pm

I really dont know what I am looking for. I mean want into the SCCA but dont know where to start. I was looking at it on another fourm abd the were saying that AutoX events are the best place to cut your teeth at and well I want in so I can move it up and up. I have some expierence but I deffinatly aint no pro, yet. :D
Racing is Life

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:44 am

You should come to the first event on the 22nd and purchase a weekend membership that can then be applied towards the cost of a full time membership. That's how I got started and there are plenty of people eager to help new comers with questions or anything else.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

magilson

Post by magilson » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm

http://scca.org/joinnow.aspx

Follow that link to sign up for your SCCA membership.

We require both a valid drivers liscense from your state of residence as well as an active SCCA membership card. Failure to bring your SCCA membership card will mean you must sign up and pay for a weekend membership which can be reimbursed provided we can determine you were a valid, active member at the time of the event. Failure to bring a valid drivers liscense will mean you cannot participate in our event.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

real_dirty

Post by real_dirty » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Cool, thanks alot for the info.
Racing is Life