Hello all

New Racers - The place to be for the n00b in all of us!

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Berserker

Hello all

Post by Berserker » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:19 am

Anyways, just saying what's up to everyone. Attended to the Crowder College event Sunday and met some of you. I was the guy taking pictures. Had fun but forgot sunscreen :cry:

If you are interested the link for the pictures (that I have gotten to) are in The Program section.

Red Lion

Post by Red Lion » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:44 pm

You'll remember that sunscreen next time! I got burned bad at an event last year; despite the fact that it was cool and breezy, it doesn't matter because the sun rays themselves burn you up! Hope it's not too bad. Thanks for the pics and thanks for coming out!
91 240sx
RLR

Why T

Post by Why T » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:09 pm

My wife and I are all kinds of different shades of red. We both got burnt pretty good. I'm picking up an easy up tent and some sun block for the next event.

meotch17

RED racers. . .

Post by meotch17 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Oh yeah red it was. My wife's nose was the only red part of her body. As for me ive got red just about anywhere the would reach. But the best is that a friend who came to observe and ride along got it the worst. . . he is burned head to toe.
I'd like the link to the pics . .
Mitchell Swanson
Green 2001 MR-2

Berserker

Post by Berserker » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 am

Pictures are at www.flickr.com/angeldust2477

They are arranged by heat and I have about 300~ pictures to still go through and post. You can download them from there and post any that you like.

On a side note, the photography thing is a hobby and I just started really getting serious about it in January so it's still a learning process for me. You will have to bear with me if something is out of focus or doesn't look very pro material.

magilson

Post by magilson » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Berserker wrote:Pictures are at www.flickr.com/angeldust2477

They are arranged by heat and I have about 300~ pictures to still go through and post. You can download them from there and post any that you like.

On a side note, the photography thing is a hobby and I just started really getting serious about it in January so it's still a learning process for me. You will have to bear with me if something is out of focus or doesn't look very pro material.
Consider a lense with a larger aperature (lower f-stop number). It will allow you to increase your shutter speed while collecting the same amount of light. That way you don't get motion blur (unless you want that, because if done right it looks really cool). That and I always focus the camera at "infinity" which let's me have my background and the car at the same time.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Berserker

Post by Berserker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 pm

Thanks for the feedback...got this one of ya

magilson

Post by magilson » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 am

four wheels are for chumps.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Berserker

Post by Berserker » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:48 pm