Didn't make Blytheville, but KC has a great new site

Racing pics, vids and anything visual (within reason).

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

Didn't make Blytheville, but KC has a great new site

Post by SilverYota » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:13 am

I had a blast and will try my best to make at least one more event this year @ MCC http://mcckc.edu/blueriver/ce/driving/layout.pdf next time I hope to bring a friend or two. They used the Skills Course for paddock and grid and the Urban Course for the course. Imagine it as a small road course with many different setup options. If a picture is worth a thousand words then I must apologize as I have no pictures, but click the above link for an overhead view (btw this place is so new none of the mapping websites have current enough satellite images). I hope that a video is worth more than a picture and I just happen to have 4 of them posted at http://www.borismedia.com/SCCA on the video page.

There are 2 runs from the damp heat #1. I don't have a time on the first run (timing lights had some flappy plastic issues I hear) but the second run was a 52.2 I think. I just started running in Solo2 events last year and this was my first wet runs, challenging but quite a bit of fun. I was really slow in the rain, but I kept it on the hard surface so that has to be worth something. Besides who am I kidding I am pretty slow when it is dry also.

There are 2 Runs from the "dry" heat #3. I ran out of space on my memory stick by run 9, never needed to record so much in one day : ), so these were a couple of 48.X second runs. After speaking/riding with Mark H. (thanks for the tip exiting the slalom), I had 2 runs that were in the 47's with the last run of the day @ 47.18 seconds.

There are no results posted as this was a Test and Tune, but for a reference Mark H. (#145 Honda S2000 from Event #1 in Neosho) ran at least 43.6, maybe a little quicker as I didn't hear the his last 2 runs. The fastest of the day that I heard was a 42.7 run from a CP Mustang.
Last edited by SilverYota on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Donna Hill told me this weekend that KC is loving the site. Site fees are a little pricey, but it sounds like they might be able to get back on the divisional or higher calendar next year.

Blytheville's site is pretty darn good if you can make it to the Tour or Pro. They could fit a handful of Neoshos in the area they're going to use.

After losing Arrowhead, Forbes Field, and Heartland Park, maybe we'll be spoiled for choice again?
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

budweeks

video from KC

Post by budweeks » Tue May 12, 2009 11:19 am

Hey Matt,

Loved your video from the KC event. This is a site I would like to drive on, and I think I'll try to schedule a trip to KC just to autocross on it. Reminds me of the trailer park site we had in Springfield out on west Chestnut back in about 1991 or so. Only the KC site is bigger and better.

Thanks, Bud