IMPROVEMENTS FOR APRIL POINTS EVENT #2

Announcements and news concerning OMRSCCA business.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox, springfielddyno, Ted Wells

zoomzoom

IMPROVEMENTS FOR APRIL POINTS EVENT #2

Post by zoomzoom » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Magilson made several good points regarding the improvement of April's Points Event #2:

- Make sure work/run assignments work more smoothly next time.
- Bring trophies for at least the first three placements in each class.
- Get the "pit radio" system working so that the announcer can be heard from in car.

I'd add a few others:
- Make sure weekend membership registration forms are on-hand.
- Buy a couple more stackable plastic chairs so the waiver guys can sit.
- Buy flour in 50# bags from Sam's (I think the Civic Si guy made two flour runs).
- Get the name and phone number of someone who can unlock the stadium, so we can use the bathrooms!

Most importantly, we need more volunteers between the 7am to 10 am time range, to insure proper start times. If you are willing to show up and work during these times, please see the VOLUNTEERS NEEDED posting under TIMING & SCORING.

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:09 pm

I can't fault much from March. These are the must-haves that we missed last time:

- Trash cans.

- A porta-potty, if the stadium bathroom isn't available or de-Winterized by April.

- Battery checks on all the radios beforehand.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

the dominos pizza was a great idea....but yes we really need a trash can...

what is the situation with the fire extinguishers... I know of one that goes off evertime you pick it up and one has a sticker on it saying its old... this might be an issue someday....
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 pm

scoTT wrote:the dominos pizza was a great idea....but yes we really need a trash can...

what is the situation with the fire extinguishers... I know of one that goes off evertime you pick it up and one has a sticker on it saying its old... this might be an issue someday....
I'll try to get a hold of Curtis about the extinguishers. We absolutely need to have them all charged for next time. I need to go out to the trailer to check a few things before the next event anyway so I'll need to get a hold of Jeff as well.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Ted Wells

Restroom Facilities

Post by Ted Wells » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:32 pm

Supposedly, the restrooms inside the stadium no longer are operational. That has been the case for the past two years. :roll:

If our contract with the stadium representative does not require him to provide porta john(s), then someone in OMR will have to arrange for the delivery (Saturday night) of same. I firmly believe that TWO porta johns are a minimum requirement.

The lack of restroom facilities may well be one of reasons for steadily declining participation over the past few years.

magilson

Re: Restroom Facilities

Post by magilson » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:38 am

Ted Wells wrote:Supposedly, the restrooms inside the stadium no longer are operational. That has been the case for the past two years. :roll:

If our contract with the stadium representative does not require him to provide porta john(s), then someone in OMR will have to arrange for the delivery (Saturday night) of same. I firmly believe that TWO porta johns are a minimum requirement.

The lack of restroom facilities may well be one of reasons for steadily declining participation over the past few years.
I had no problem using the bathroom last season...

And one of the reasons for a schedule change was a baseball tournament so I find it very hard to believe that the bathrooms will remain out of order.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:04 am

When i talked to brad, the Ducks stadium manager, He said they will be out this month and next month due to winterization... So we need to plan to have a Port-A-Crapper out there at the next event

hehe i said crapper! 8)
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Re: Restroom Facilities

Post by Crazy_Dog » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:13 am

Ted Wells wrote:If our contract with the stadium representative does not require him to provide porta john(s), then someone in OMR will have to arrange for the delivery (Saturday night) of same. I firmly believe that TWO porta johns are a minimum requirement.

what is this word... contract? ;)

That reminds me I should call brad and get a contract in writing from him huh?

I'll take your suggestion and get 2 porta johns out there instead of one :)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

magilson

Post by magilson » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:27 am

There are a lot of things proposed as changes for next event. Do we want to hold another pre-event meeting to talk face to face? It seems problems are solved more quickly and better ideas generated.

Does anyone have a free Saturday with a good amount of time before the next event? Or we could try a weeknight at my house or some restaraunt?
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI