Sunday, Nov 16th, 2014
Lebanon Midway Speedway
Lebanon, MO [Map]
We return to a fun site at Midway Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri, and hope you will join us.
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Note: Events use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.
What is RallyCross?
RallyCross is like our "Solo" autocross program, but on an open field or dirt. Drivers attempt to set their best time on an agility course marked by cones, and cars are grouped in classes based on capability and level of modification. Courses are a little more open and speeds are a little lower that autocrosses, but the emphasis on accessibility, safety, affordability, and fun is the same as SCCA Solo.
RallyCross differs from stage rally that many have seen on television. There are no jumps or ditches, and roll cages are not required. Drivers preview the course by walking it or going on a low-speed lead-and-follow lap, rather than following the pace notes of a navigator. Competitors will have the opportunity to make a number of runs.
RallyCross doesn't take the best single run like in Solo, but is a combination of multiple runs.
What kind of car do I need?
No special rally car is needed. Any fixed-roof vehicle passing a basic safety inspection is fine, so your daily-driven sedan on street tires is perfect for Rallycross. Review the RallyCross technical inspection requirements here. For safety reasons, rollover-prone vehicles such as SUVs, 4x4's, and many full-sized trucks will not be allowed to compete. If you have any questions about the eligibility of your vehicle, please ask an event Safety Steward here.
From the SCCA RallyCross rules:
A RallyCross event is open to any fixed-roof production based vehicle (including convertibles with a factory hardtop attached, targa types with factory panel in place, t-tops with factory panels in place) that can pass safety inspection. If the Event Chairman after consultation with the Event Safety Steward determines at his discretion that a vehicle cannot safely negotiate the course, it may be excluded.
- $5 gate fee for every person that comes through the gate
- SCCA Members $25, but any SCCA member who pre-registers on this site will receive a $5 discount
- non-SCCA members $35 this includes your Weekend Membership (discount voucher for SCCA annual membership)
1. Valid Driver's license. Anyone under age 18 on the site, participant or otherwise, must have their parents/guardians sign a SCCA minor waiver on site, or in the presence of an OMR Solo/Rally committee member, board member, or notary public. Note: a learner's permit requiring a licensed passenger is not allowed per SCCA RallyCross rules.
2. Safe vehicle per technical inspection guidelines.
3. Must wear an approved helmet during competition. We have a limited number of loaner helmets available. If you bring your own, it must meet one of the standards below (DOT rating alone is not sufficient).
|All helmets meeting the latest or two immediately preceding Snell Foundation standards (SA2010, SAH2010, SA2005, SA2000, M2010, M2005, M2000, K2010, K2005, K98), SFI standards 31.1, 41.1, 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, 41.2A or British spec BS6658-85 type A/FR are acceptable.|
There will be two heats. Like Solo, RallyCross is a self-worked, volunteer-run sport in which competitors have a work heat opposite their run heat. Prepare to be outdoors all day, and dress and prepare accordingly. Bring a second pair of shoes if muddy.
- Lebanon Speedway on Google Maps.
Plug your address into Google Maps for specific directions.
4. Cars & Information
RallyCross has a simple classing structure.
- Rally Stock - FWD (SF), RWD (SR), and AWD (SA) - upgrades are limited to items such as cat-back exhaust, brake pads, clutch and pressure plate, and wheels and DOT-legal tires that are near stock dimensions.
- Rally Prepared - FWD (PF), RWD (PR), and AWD (PA) - adds specific allowances for upgraded intake, exhaust, suspension, differential, wheels, etc.
- Rally Modified - FWD (MF), RWD (MR), and AWD (MA) - almost any production car or logbooked racecar is allowed, with drivetrain and suspension being unrestricted.
- Sunscreen, hats, non-alcoholic drinks, poncho, etc. - be ready for all weather.
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes, bug repellant - you will be on a field for walking and working course
- Tires inflated to max PSI - it is uncommon for tires to break from the bead of the rim, but inflate street tires as a precaution.
- Spare tire - tire damage is not anticipated, but we will be running on dirt. Make sure to bring a spare.
- Window cleaner - be prepared for a dusty environment
- Numbers and class letters - magnetic or vinyl letters are preferred, but tape in a contrasting color is acceptable. Cars must be clearly marked on each side so that corner workers may read them from their stations.
Register today! Don't let this unique opportunity leave you in the dust!